Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Sunday 10 June 2012

Smoked Duck, Apple, Sesame & Ginger Salad

Today's lunch is a small lesson in matching things. I wasn't impressed with the ginger & sesame salad dressing when I tried it on a side salad with chicken & chips - ginger & sesame salad with chicken & chips? Of course it didn't work! However on this salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, red pepper & apple) topped with smoked duck slices it totally rocked. It's one of those combos you know will work before you taste it! I made a bit of potato salad on the side; a girl's gotta have some carbs!

The ginger & sesame dressing and smoked duck were from ocado - the smoked duck you will no doubt see on bambis bentos - I'm thinking maybe smoked duck nigiri tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment