Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Monday 8 November 2010

Chunky Stuffing ( based on a barefoot contessa recipe )

Continuing on my Xmas experimentation I tried out this stuffing making a gluten free version, its something a bit lighter and less pig focussed than most stuffings.

And now on the last day of Febuary I am finally finishing this post! It is probably a little early to be preparing for next year but I do this everytime I have roast chicken now.

recipe serves about 2 people generously, just double up etc if you want more.

4 cups gf bread cubes
1/2 cup diced onion (unsurprisingly I use Eazy Onions)
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 a Granny Smith apple, diced
1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
100g sausages (about 2 usually)
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • Preheat oven to 350c
  • Spread the bread cubes out on a baking tray & bake to 5-10 minutes until golden. Turn the heat up to 180c & tip the bread cubes into a large bowl
  • Meanwhile in a large frying pan fry the vegetables until softened & add to the bread cubes
  • Squeeze the sausages out of the skins & fry them, breaking the meat up as they cook. Add to the bowl
  • Stir in the stock & cranberries, & season well
  • Tip into a baking dish - you can do up to this point the night before, just cover with clingfilm & pop in the fridge. Otherwise;
  • Bake for 30 minutes until browned on top & hot in the middle
This iv very tasty with savoury, crispy, meaty, sweet & sour bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment