So obviously I burnt this a little but it was still nice! This sort of treatment works on any kind of fish, though with a lighter fish I just tend to dust it in seasoned flour, maybe with a bit of lemon zest.
I'm sure this dish must be massively healthy too; oily fish & watercress on one plate, I feel like I have made up for the candy floss I ate yesterday!
To serve one:
2 mackeral fillets
1/4 cup of flour
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/4 cup gf bread crumbs, crushed up crackers, I used crushed up pretzels
Handful of watercress
Radishes with leaves attached
Half a lemon
- set up 3 dishes in a row, in the first mix the flour, s&p & mustard in the second whisk the egg, and in the third the crumbs.
- rinse & pat dry the fillets then dip them in the flour (shake off excess) then egg then crumbs.
- heat a little oil in a frying pan & put in the fillets, skin side down. You want to cook them 75% on the skin side.
- while they cook, scatter the watercress & radish leaves & slice the radishes over
- squeeze a little lemon juice over the salad
- put the fillets onto the salad & pour over a little of the cooking oil
- squeeze over the rest of the lemon