Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Sunday 20 February 2011

Crunchy Mackeral Fillets with Watercress & Radish Salad

So obviously I burnt this a little but it was still nice! This sort of treatment works on any kind of fish, though with a lighter fish I just tend to dust it in seasoned flour, maybe with a bit of lemon zest.
I'm sure this dish must be massively healthy too; oily fish & watercress on one plate, I feel like I have made up for the candy floss I ate yesterday!
To serve one:
2 mackeral fillets
1/4 cup of flour
S&P
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1 egg
1/4 cup gf bread crumbs, crushed up crackers, I used crushed up pretzels
Handful of watercress
Radishes with leaves attached
Half a lemon
- set up 3 dishes in a row, in the first mix the flour, s&p & mustard in the second whisk the egg, and in the third the crumbs.
- rinse & pat dry the fillets then dip them in the flour (shake off excess) then egg then crumbs.
- heat a little oil in a frying pan & put in the fillets, skin side down. You want to cook them 75% on the skin side.
- while they cook, scatter the watercress & radish leaves & slice the radishes over
- squeeze a little lemon juice over the salad
- put the fillets onto the salad & pour over a little of the cooking oil
- squeeze over the rest of the lemon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment