Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tuesday's bento & last nights rabbit dinner

I have decided to stop worrying about being "behind" and just blog stuff as I do (eat) it - noone but me knows the stuff I forget to post anyway!

So this is my bento lunch, as packed in my miffy bento bag which I <3. The tall container is a thermos one which has basmati rice & left over rabbit in (see below) and the smaller container contains one of the vegetable tarts I made on Sunday, recipe from foodista, which I'll blog when I'm back at my PC. There are some little choc mint creams - there are some grapes on my desk, I promise!

The whole bento lunch concept fits much better for those of us on restrictive diets & I just love all the little tubs & things! Lunch at work is something a lot of people ask me how to do gf/df/lf so I'll try to keep track of my bentos! It doesn't need to be Japanese & Mediterranean tapas & antipasti suits really well. When I am back sat at my pc I'll update my links to my fave bento ones.

Last nights rabbit dinner.
So, I had this recipe to try but I forgot to get some of the ingredients s I thought I'd bung what I had in the oven & see what happened & it was good so I'm sharing it! It'd work with chicken too I think but rabbit is tasty, healthy & cheap so forget about beatrix potter & her friends and tuck in!
1 rabbit, jointed.
Red onion
Roasted garlic (i had some left over, I'm sure unroasted would be fine!)
3 tbsp(ish) of dijon mustard
Bunch of fresh tarragon
Carton of coconut cream (not creamed coconut - they're very diff! I promise there isn't a hint of coconut in the finished dish)
Generous glass of dryish white wine

In a shallow dish arrange the rabbit pieces, onion wedges & garlic. Spread the mustard over the rabbit and snip some tarragon over (im mad for tarragon so it looked like a meadow but use your own judgement) then splodge* the coconut cream on top, topping with a bit more tarragon. Pour the wine in the dish & bake at 200c for about 45 mins. Take the rabbit out & reduce the sauce if needed.

* a technical term for coconut cream coming out the carton


No comments:

Post a Comment