Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Friday 27 May 2011

Berry Risotto

This is my 1 person cheats dairy free version - you can check out the original by clicking on the title which will take you to Mr Breakfast. A great site with some great recipes for an important , and too often skipped, meal!  

I didn't take a pic last time I made this but you can probably imagine!

•A cup of water
•1/4 cup uncooked arborio or medium grain rice

•1/4 cup coconut milk
•2 tbsp agave or sugar sugar

•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

•1 cup fresh berries (I did raspberries last time but have done strawberries and a mix of the two before. I imagine it would work with any berries or any soft fruit. I might try apricot.)

To do this the cheats way bung everything bar the berries in a small saucepan and simmer until the rice has done (in my case everytime I run past the hob pulling clothes on or smearing lipstick on my face, usually late). Once the rice is done add half the fruit, stirring it through then serve and tip the rest of the fruit on top.

Super yummy and filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment