Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Sunday 16 September 2012

Paleo Beef & Onion Tart

I used the same pastry as for the sweet potato tarts and I really need to get some individual pie tins coz its way to delicate to transfer to a big tin! Most of the top looked like a crazy paving of repairs!

I made a simple filling with beef mince and onions (half a tin of those easy ready fried onions I must admit) flavoured with some bacon lardons (everything is better with pork) thyme, a bay leaf & some Coleman's onion gravy paste. I thickened it with some corn flour & let it simmer with some water added till it was thick & yummy. Next time I think I'll let the filling cook in the slow cooker the night before.

Once I'd put it in the pastry I cooked it at 200c for twenty minutes, with greaseproof over for the first ten minutes.

My dad gave it a big thumbs up!



No comments:

Post a Comment