Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Thursday 13 September 2012

Paleo Spanish Sweet Potato Tarts

This isn't a Spanish recipe; it came out of my head, but it has peppers & chorizo in it so surely that makes it Spanish?

I admittedly nicked the pastry recipe from Bruce Fifes 'cooking with coconut flour' which is an awesome book. I'm not scientific enough to invent pastry recipes!

This made ten muffin tin sized tarts well it would if I hadn't wrecked one when I burnt my hand & then dropped one when I was getting them out.

You wanna make the fillings a bit in advance to let them cool a bit.

PEPPER FILLING (goes in the bottom of the tart)
1 small red onion
1 red pepper
1 small chorizo*
Tsp chopped garlic
Over a low heat sweat the onions with a pinch of salt, adding the chorizo then the peppers & garlic. Cook them long & slow til they are soft & sticky.
*a spoonful of smoked paprika and a pinch of cayenne in the mix will make it veggie! I'm always thinking of how you'll make it @MsCurlysue!

SWEET POTATO TOPPING
3 smallish sweet potatoes
Tbsp coconut  cream
2 eggs
Tbsp chopped parsley
Tsp smoked paprika
Microwave the sweet potatoes in their skins until soft, then cut them in half & let them cool for a bit. Once they're coolish scoop out the sweet potato and put it in a food processor with the other ingredients. Blitz until its a smooth thick liquid.

COCONUT ALMOND PASTRY
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup ground almonds
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted coconut butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
Mix all the ingredients except the coconut flour together well & then sift in the coconut flour & mix again. Once the dough comes together knead for a minute then put between two pieces of greaseproof paper and roll out.

PUTTING THE TARTS TO TOGETHER
Cut out discs of pastry a bit bigger than than the muffin holes & gently push them down. Divide the pepper mix between the tarts & then spoon the sweet potato mix on top. It was a tbsp & a tsp on each for me. Don't worry about getting it smooth & fully covered - it will even out during cooking. Bake at 200c for fifteen  minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment