Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Monday 10 September 2012

Paleo Meatloaf (& cauliflower rice)

PALEO MEATLOAF

Good to have something tasty, filling & paleo to do with cheap bits of meat and this is all three. Would serve six of me or three of dad (I realise this doesn't help you much!).

1/2 cup coconut flour
3 eggs
1.5 cups waitrose soffrito veg mix*
Tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Pinch thyme
Pinch marjoram

500g mince (I used half & half beef & pork)
500g carton of tomato passata

Preheat the oven to 175c and grease a loaf tin.
Mix the first section of ingredients together well in a bowl then add the mince and a cup of passata. You might need to get your hands dirty at this point, it needs to be mixed well. Tip the rest of the passata over the top & sprinkle with a bit more salt/pepper/thyme/marjoram and bake in the oven for 1 & 1/4 hours.

*it's a mixture of diced onion, carrot & celery.

CAULIFLOWER RICE

There are many recipes for this on the net & I'd suggest you google it - this "recipe" was more about what was in the fridge! It at least shows how easy it is to do though I always think the texture is more like cous cous than rice! I would normally add herbs & spices but I wanted a fairly neutral accompaniment to the meatloaf.

What was left of the soffrito mix (about 1/3 cup I reckon)
Half a cauliflower
Knob of dairy free butter
Salt

Fry the soffrito mix in some oil (I used garlic oil) until soft while blitzing the cauliflower in the food processor. From the amount I have left I'd say a 1/4 cauliflower = a portion. Once the soffrito mix is soft add the cauliflower, mix well & add the knob of "butter". Put the lid on & turn the heat down low. Cook to your taste, stir and add salt. Surprisingly filling!


No comments:

Post a Comment