Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Lapin au Vin a la mijoteuse

Otherwise known as rabbit cooked with wine in the slow cooker. Possibly one of the worst pics I have taken although brown stuff is hard to make look nice! I have also managed to make the polenta look unappetising and you can't really see the brocolli!

This dish was based on a coq au vin recipe, and I mainly did it because I had over half a bottle of red wine left and I don't drink it! I love rabbit and it is only £3.50 for a whole one in the market. I generally work at a rabbit serving 3-4 people and this did 3 meals (me & my friend then left overs for me) and then I made the remainder into pasta sauce with some tinned tomatoes (possibly even nicer than the original dish!).I prepped everything the night before, put the rabbit in the wine & garlic oil to marinate over night (I don't think you have to do this at all) then chucked everything in the slow cooker in the morning, leaving it to cook while I worked.

2 red onions, quartered
100g (ish) button mushrooms, halved
1 rabbit, cut into 6 pieces
6 rashers smoked back bacon, cut into strips
garlic infused olive oilhalf - 2/3 bottle of red wine
150 ml chicken stock
2 tbsp chopped parsley

  • If you are prepping the night before & marinating put the rabbit in a bowl with the wine, garlic oil, seasoning & some parsley, the prep the veg & bacon & pop it in a bowl.
  • When it comes to it, turn your slow cooker on & chuck everything in.You can fry the bacon first if you like
  • I served this with som quick cook polenta, always an easy option!
 

Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment