Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Sunday 23 January 2011

Lasagne di Casetta

Aka cottage lasagne! No mashed potato but it kinda looks like cottage pie! Well a bit - it gave me a name OK?

This was a first go and I didn't expect it to turn out this well so I didn't really measure! I will do another one again soon and add proper measurements in. The only things i'll be changing next time are; checking I have enough lasagne sheets before I start (it could have done with another layer I think), a bit more spinach and making the polenta more mushroomy (maybe some dried ones in there).

It looks like a lot of stages but they are all easy and don't take long.

For the ragu:
450g minced beef
Third of tin of easy onions
100g salami
Small handful chopped mushrooms (I used 1 flat mushroom)
350g passata
Garlic infused olive oil
Oregano (i used dried)

For the lasagne:
Gf lasagna sheets
100g spinach
Half cup of easy cook polenta
Handful of mushrooms
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (or your preferred cheese substitute)
Garlic infused olive oil
Parsley (i used frozen)

Present the oven to 200c

Fry the mince in the oil until browned, adding the salami, onions and mushrooms. Add oregano & seasoning then stir in the passata and simmer until its the right consistency.

You need to cook the spinach now, Microwaved in its bag, sauteed - however you want and let it drain.

Finally make the polenta according to the packet (bit wetter though) - you don't want to do it too far ahead of assembly as it will go solid and won't spread. Fry the mushrooms in the garlic oil and add to the polenta when done along with plenty of seasoning, the parsley and the flakes. Mix well.

Put a layer of pasta sheets in your dish followed by a layer of meat. (Another layer of pasta then meat would have been better!) Then arrange the spinach on top. A layer of pasta and then the last of the ragu. For the final layer spread over the polenta & sprinkle with s&p and some more flakes.

In the oven, half an hour at 200c (but check your pasta instructions.)

Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment