Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Sunday 5 August 2012

Coconut Fried Chicken

This recipe is mainly from Cooking with Coconut Flour but as I changed it a bit I don't feel bad blogging it.

Raw Chicken Pieces (I used 2 thighs & 2 legs (4 thighs in the pic) but the dusting mix would have done more)

Dusting Mix:
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp thyme
Good pinch of cayenne
1/4 tsp pepper
1 heaped tsp salt

Coconut oil

Heat 1/4 inch of coconut oil in a pan that's got a lid.
Mix together the dusting mix then coat the chicken thoroughly in a bag or bowl.
Brown the chicken on both sides (about 10 mins).
Put the lid on & turn down the heat.
Cook for 30-40 mins (until cooked through) with the lid off for the last 10 mins (turning at least once during this last 10).
Pop on a bit of kitchen towel before you plate up.
Not overwhelmingly coconutty - the spices & the chicken come through more. Very tasty!

This has become a regular menu fixture and I've taken a better pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment