Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Sunday 5 September 2010

Maple & Pecan Cupcakes


I seem to be having a bit of trouble formatting my posts so excuse the layout!

These were very nice, and I put this down to (apart from my baking skills ;-)) the maple extract I got. The link to it is in the title, I have tried to make them with maple syrup before but they just don't have the concentrated maple flavour. I think this would make an excellent cake too, a tea time treat.

1/4 cup melted coconut butter/oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
6 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp maple flavouring
1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
almost a 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped (more for decoration if you are showing off like me!)

Preheat oven to 175c

  • mix together the butter, milk, eggs, sugar, salt and maple flavouring

  • combine the coconut flour with the baking powder then whisk into the batter until there are no lumps

  • fold the nuts into the batter

  • pour into cup cake cases

  • bake at 175 for 10-15 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
I frosted these with a maple and marshmallow frosting with my trusty star nozzle, though they could happily be naked or drizzled with a glaze:

Maple Marshmallow Frosting
1/2 cup vegetable shortning
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 cup Marshmallow Fluff (you can get it from the same place as the Maple Flavouring)
3/4 tsp Maple Flavouring

Whisk everything togetherthen pipe or spoon onto your cupcakes.

Connected by MOTOBLUR™

No comments:

Post a Comment