Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Sunday 5 September 2010

Strawberry & Banana Smoothie


I have been neglecting my blog lately I know.  I have been away visiting my bessie mate and her new baby (very, very cute and I am smitten) and also my family way down south!


I cooked some of the tried & tested recipes for the new family and they all got the thumbs up! Have a few to post now but am starting with an easy one! I have a smoothie most mornings now, and have a kid's drinking flask (have failed to find a grown up flask with a straw rather than a sports cap, feel free to comment if you know where to get one!) so I can drink it on my way to work. Makes enough for one big glassful. You can't taste the fish oil and it lessens the amount of tablets I have to take!


1/4 cup strawberries
1/4 cup orange juice
Small Banana or half a banana and 1/4 cup of sorbet
Squirt of agave syrup (adjust to the sweetness of your fruit)
2 tbsp ground flax seed
Tsp fruit flavoured fish oil (I use lemon)


Basically bung it it all in a blender and whizz! If it is a bit thick add a bit more juice.


I make a few different flavours depending on what looks nice in the market when I go on saturday, and generally keep some frozen berries in the freezer on standby as well as some sorbet (a brilliant elderflower one I got from waitrose at the moment).  The following proportions will make a large glassful (or fill my kiddy flask perfectly!).


1/4 cup fruit (berries, peaches, frozen mixed berries)
1/4 cup juice (I usually use orange or orange & something)
1/2 cup 'thickener' (banana or sorbet or a mix of both, the sorbet does mean you get a nice chilled drink!)
Squirt of agave - the size of the squirt depends on the sweetness of your fruit


Blueberry & Banana was my favourite this week, and peach & raspberry was a winner too.

Connected by MOTOBLUR™

No comments:

Post a Comment