Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Monday 6 September 2010

Scallops with Chorizo Stew

I love scallops and with this chorizo stew they make a tasty meal with crusty bread. I haven't made a very beautiful job of serving here but you get the idea!

Serves 2

100g chorizo, chopped
50ml sherry
1/2 a red onion, sliced
Small garlic clove, crushed
6 tomatoes, chopped
Handful of baby spinach
50ml chicken stock
1 tsp turmeric
6 scallops
  • Fry the chorizo in olive oil for 3-4 minutes until crisp
  • Add the sherry and reduce then add the onion and garlic then cook for 5 minutes
  • Add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes
  • Add the tomatoes, spinach, chicken stock and turmeric and cook for 8-10 minutes
  • Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and cook the scallops for 1 minutes each side - pay attention, scallops are easy to overcook.

Connected by MOTOBLUR™

No comments:

Post a Comment