They were v easy to make and if you did the bacon the night before (or buy some ready cooked) they would be a quick sunday brunch treat! These were my last naughty bakings before I jumped back into Weight Watchers - but I have been have them for breakfast all week anyway! If you don't try these you are mad!
1/2 cup df spread (I used Pure Olive)
1/4 & 1/8 (as in a quarter cup and a half) brown sugar
1/4 & 1/8 (as in a quarter cup and a half) sugaracked brown sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
Drop of maple syrup flavouring (optional - I like a distinct flavour!)
1 & 1/4 gf flour
1/3 tsp baking soda
220g pack of streaky bacon
- Cook bacon, drain on a paper towel, and crumble. Not too small - you want bacony chunks!
- Preheat oven to 190c
- Beat together spread, brown sugar and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add the egg and maple syrup (and maple syrup flavouring if using). Beat for 1 more minute.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients in 2 lots into the wet mixture until incorporated. Do not over mix or your batter with be tough.
- Stir in the bacon pieces. Eat a couple just to check they're nice.
- Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets. (I recommen silicon liners or the like here!)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- They will be very soft when they come out so dont try to stick them on the cooling rack straight away!
- Make sure you have one while they are still warm - this is a treat you should not deny yourselves!