Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Friday 20 May 2011

Maple & Bacon Cookies (the special version!)

When I saw the link to these on twitter (If you're on there Foodista is a good follow!) I had to make them. This is my 'converted' version. If you like sweet and salty flavours and bacon with your pancakes & maple syrup you will love these!

They were v easy to make and if you did the bacon the night before (or buy some ready cooked) they would be a quick sunday brunch treat! These were my last naughty bakings before I jumped back into Weight Watchers - but I have been have them for breakfast all week anyway! If you don't try these you are mad!

1/2 cup df spread (I used Pure Olive)
1/4 & 1/8 (as in a quarter cup and a half) brown sugar
1/4 & 1/8 (as in a quarter cup and a half) sugaracked brown sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp maple syrup
Drop of maple syrup flavouring (optional - I like a distinct flavour!)
1 & 1/4 gf flour
1/3 tsp baking soda
Pinch salt
220g pack of streaky bacon

  • Cook bacon, drain on a paper towel, and crumble. Not too small - you want bacony chunks!
  • Preheat oven to 190c
  • Beat together spread, brown sugar and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
  • Add the egg and maple syrup (and maple syrup flavouring if using). Beat for 1 more minute.
  • Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
  • Stir dry ingredients in 2 lots into the wet mixture until incorporated. Do not over mix or your batter with be tough.
  • Stir in the bacon pieces. Eat a couple just to check they're nice.
  • Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets. (I recommen silicon liners or the like here!)
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
  • They will be very soft when they come out so dont try to stick them on the cooling rack straight away!
  • Make sure you have one while they are still warm - this is a treat you should not deny yourselves!
Hopefully there is a widget to link to the original below - whether my IT skills are that good is debatable.


Bacon Maple Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment