Not just best ever by special standards but best ever by anyones standards! Coconut flour makes the best brownies, and they are easy to make. The nuts/no nuts argument will rage eternally - I like a mix of chocolate chips and walnuts or pecans in mine but put in what you like or nothing at all! The picture left is of choc chip and cherry brownies, kind of a Black Forest vibe!
1/3 cup coconut oil/butter - melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar (i use golden caster, it seems to give the best taste & texture)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
1 cup nuts and/or chocolate chips - optional
1. warm & blend together the oil and cocoa then set aside to cool a bit
2. in a bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla
3. Stir in the cocoa mixture .
4. Whisk in the flour until there are no lumps.
5. Fold in the nuts/chocolate chips if using.
6. Pour into a pan around 8x8x2. Do not worry that is is too runny! Coconut Flour absorbs a lot of moisture!
7. Bake at 175c for 30-35 minutes. When you take them out depends on how squidgy you like your brownies - stick a skewer in the middle and test but make sure you take them out just before they are at the perfect point!
8. Let cool in the pan or they will collapse - no matter how tempting! You may have to guard them!
Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.
Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.
'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!