1 whole orange
125g caster sugar
200g dark chocolate, melted
100g ground almonds
3 eggs, seperated
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Put the orange in a microwaveable bowl, add 250ml water, cover with clingfilm and microwave on high for 20 mins, turning half way through. It doesn't explde - honest! It goes a bit like a shrunken head! Leave to cool, still covered.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line a 20cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Cut the orange in half and remove the pips, put it in the food processor with 5 tbsp of the orangey water and blitz to a puree. Yes, the peel and all!
- Add the sugar, melted chocolate, almonds, egg yolks and baking powder and whizz again. Pop it into a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry and gently fold then into the chocolate mixture - you want to keep as much air in as you can.
- Spoon into the tin, put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for an hour, putting a piece of baking paper or tinfoil on the top half way through to stop the top burning. Cool in the tin.