Two recipes today as I have such a backlog! This recipe is a way from being Indian but it does have that vibe and is an easy 1 pot dinner. Serves 4. You can use a casserole which is safe on the hob or use a frying pan and then transfer to a oven proof dish.
8 chicken thighs
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves (or cheats equivalent) sliced
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground ginger
1 green chilli, finely sliced
300g basmati rice
650ml chicken stock (hot)
200g frozen (I have used fresh as well) green veg (I like broccoli and spinach)
2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley or coriander (optional)
Preheat oven to 190c
1. Brown chicken all over in a little oil, and remove.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic, garam masala, ginger, chilli and rice and cook for 1 minute.
3. At this point transfer to the casserole dish if you're not already using it. Pop the chicken on top, pour in the stock, cover and bake for 20 minutes.
4. The rice should have absorbed most of the stock by now - add a bit of hot water if it is too dry, add the vegetables, stir through and bake for 10 minutes or until everything is cooked.
5. Scatter with parsley or coriander and serve.
A dollop of mango chutney on the side works well!
Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.
Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.
'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!