Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Wednesday 7 July 2010

coconut flour & butter

Just a quick note on coconut flour & butter as I have just posted the first of many recipes using them!

Coconut Flour: it smells coconutty when you open the pack but the finished result isn't, gives lovely moist baking results. Gluten free and high in fibre. It does absorbs a lot of water so make sure you drink plenty. You can't swap it like for like in recipes because of this - you can swap a third ok, or use recipes designed for it (check out the Tiana link or google - there are loads!)

Coconut Butter/Oil: virgin is quite coconutty, non virgin isn't. virgin is obviously better for you! Has that solid when cool liquid when warm thing like dairy butter. Great for baking and makes great frosting and I use it in savoury cooking too - curries and the like. It is anti-microbial and anti-virus and low in cholesterol. It can kill swine flu - I got some for my mum when she got swine flu (virgin coconut oil is not a good thing in mashed potato I am told!).

Both are becoming easy to get - Tiana is a good source but I have got both from Pure Nature and Goodness Direct (both linked below) too.

No comments:

Post a Comment