Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Thursday 15 July 2010

Strawberry Shortcake Ice Nohm

This challenges the chocolate ice nohm for my favourite! I will take a picture when I have a pretty serving - rather than eating it out of the ice cream maker bowl and before dinner too - terrible!

1 tin of coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
Tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp xantham gum
Cup of strawberry puree (a good way to use up over ripe strawberries, add a bit of sugar before you whizz them up)
125g shortcake biscuits (coincidentally the amount in the packet of sainsburys shortcake biscuits I was using!) smashed up


Mix together the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and xantham gum. Tip into the ice cream maker and set it going. Once the ice cream is thick and part frozen tip in 1/2 a cup of strawberry puree and leave to finish. Once the ice cream is done add the rest of the strawberry puree and the crushed biscuit pieces to stir through (but not thouroughly).

I freeze it in individual pots so I don't have to take the whole tub out to soften before scooping - admittedly this has a lot to do with my lack of will power! Lakeland do some pots for individual steamed puddings which are ideal! This mixture filled 7 plus a bit left in the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment