Welcome all, fill your tum with my num num nums.


Gluten, Dairy & Legume free recipes; some by design, others are just nice recipes that happen to be! There are recipes and also shopping 'finds', all of which are good for free from people and all yummy whether you are following a particular diet or not! Just because something is 'free from' doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it - and you may be surpised at how much happier your body is.

'Special' is how my friends describe my food and me, I don't think it's entirely complimentary!

Friday 9 July 2010

Rocky Road (Chocolate Refrigerator Cake)

This is all kinds of bad but is soooo good, and brilliant for a girls night in - it gets requested often! No cooking and ridiculously easy - a version of this is what any guide or brownie was taught to make! I was a guilde for about ten minutes, I think this and how to tie a reef know were the only things I learnt! I'm sure you could make this healthier but I like it naughty!

road:
150g dark chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
100g margarine (I use Pure spread)
Pinch of salt

rocks: (you can be fairly creative with this once you know what the mix should look like!)
90g mini marshmallows (or big ones cut up)
60g raisins or other dried fruit
150g biscuits (something crumbly and fairly plain is good)
  1. Put the road ingredients in a bowl and melt together in the microwave - it doesn't take long at all so do it by minutes with a stir inbetween!
  2. Bash the biscuits so they are in bits then stir them into the road mix followed by the other rock ingredients.
  3. Line a tin or dish with clingfilm (trust me - you'll regret it if you don't) and tip the chocolatey mess in. Fold the clingfilm over.
  4. Pop in the fridge for about 4 hours - go out! - when it's set tip it out the tray, peel off the cling film and slice into chunks. Serve and tell everyone it was much harder work!

No comments:

Post a Comment